For more than 30 years, the Indianapolis Chapter of SIM has been the meeting place for CIOs, senior IT executives, academicians, and senior business execs who play key roles in the use of IT in their organizations. Indianapolis SIM offers a collaborative exploration of best practices, trends and lessons learned for those who shape and influence the management and use of information technology.
The Indianapolis SIM chapter is the local chapter representing Central Indiana and is affiliated through the national Society for Information Management. SIM is the premier network for IT leaders and is comprised of a community of thought leaders who share experiences and rich intellectual capital. SIM’s mission is to support IT leaders through: increasing the knowledge base of SIM members and associates, acting as the voice of the IT community on critical issues, giving back to local communities, and developing the next generation of effective IT leaders.
What Does SIM Offer?
Recognizing the unique needs of the industry, SIM collects the intellectual capital of IT leaders nationwide and offers the resources you need to do business better, including:
Click Here to Learn More from our National Site
- Face-to-Face meetings/networking – SIMposium, Advanced Practices Council (APC) meetings, Regional Leadership Forums (RLF), chapter meetings, and CIO roundtables bring you face-to-face with other key industry executives to share knowledge and network about topics pertinent to IT leaders
- Online tools – On-demand Webinars and archived Webcasts, an online library featuring nearly 50 whitepapers, working group deliverables, past conference presentations and much more to bring best practices of other IT leaders straight to your desktop.
- Publications – SIM News, a compilation of association news, articles of interest, interviews, and industry insights and MIS Quarterly Executive (MISQE), a quarterly online publication dedicated to publishing high quality articles, case studies and research reports.
- More Resources/Programs – SIM offers a wealth of knowledge with these resources and more. Click on the Programs tab to view all the ways SIM can help you raise the bar.
Our Founding Members
- Mr. Keith Bennett, American United Life
- Mr. Richard Durbin, Ball Corporation
- Dr. Tom Ho, Purdue University
- Mr. Steve Hugley, American Fletcher National Bank
- Dr. Ken Kozar, IUPUI
- Mr. Vito Laudicina, Cummins Engine Co.
- Mr. Bill McConnell, Arthur Andersen & Company
- Mr. Dennis Norman, Mayflower Corporation
- Mr. Alan Stanford, Ernst & Whinney
- Mr. Bruce McBratney, Eli Lilly and Company
- Mr. Edward Pollack, United Student Aid Funds
- Mr. Robert Straub, Jr., GTE MTO
- Mr. David Fronek, Indiana National Bank
- Mr. William Elliott, State of IN - Systems Technology
- Mr. Joseph Dugan, Farm Bureau Insurance
- Mr. Dan Whitmore, Merchants National Bank
- Mr. Tom Bigelow, Meridian Insurance
- Ms. Sherry Nord, Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Mr. George Clancy, Jr., Citizens Gas & Coke Utility
- Mr. William Finney, Methodist Hospital
- Mr. R.D. Jochum, Indiana Bell.